1) GSM corresponds to which generation?
2) What is the type signalling between Mobile Station and Base Transceiver Station in a 2G technology?
3) GSM stands for?
A) Global System for Mobile Communication
B) Global Service for Mobile Communication
C) Geo Synchronous Mobile Communication
4) GSM technology was a standard developed by ?
A) United Kingdom
5) Who developed standards for GSM technology?
A) ANSI - American National Standards Institute
B) ETSI - European Telecommunications Standards Institute
C) IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
6) Data service started or offered by 2G GSM technology is?
7) GPRS stands for ?
A) General Packet Radio Service
B) General Packet Radio Pilot
C) Generation Pilot Radio Service
8) EDGE stands for?
A) Enhanced Data Rate for GSM Evolution
C) Enhanced Data for GSM Enhanced
9) EDGE services are considered as _____ generation services.
10) Which country deployed the first GSM network?
Finland started GSM services in the year 1991.
11) The type of switching used in a GSM network is _____?
A) Circuit Switching
12) Which is the non European country operator to deploy GSM services?
13) The world's first GSM call was made on?
A) 1990 July 1st
Finnish PM, Harri Holkeri made the call using TeleNokia and Siemens network.
14) When did FAX, Data and SMS services in GSM network launch?
15) Commercial GPRS enabled handsets or mobiles were launched in ______ year for the first time.
16) Choose frequency band that was chosen to operate a GSM Network?
17) Which is first operator to shutdown 2G or GSM services completely?
18) Cryptographic algorithms used by GSM technology are ______?
A5/1 and A5/2 algorithms can be broken easily.
19) GPRS Encryption algorithms are ______ ?
GPRS Algorithms GEA/1 & GEA/2 are weak.
20) Which frequency band supports more coverage area in a GSM or 2G network?
Less frequency travels more distance.