1) What is OSS in a GSM architecture?
A) Operation and Support Service
B) Operation and Support Subsystem
C) Operation and System support
2) Choose a correct statement about OSS system in GSM architecture?
A) OSS helps to access and configure MSC parameters
B) OSS helps to configure BSC parameters
C) OSS helps to add new BTS into the system
3) Radio interface between Mobile Station and BTS is also called _____ ?
A) Gorilla interface
4) Power control feature in a GSM network works on the _______ side?
A) Mobile side
C) Both Mobile side and BTS side
5) Power control feature aims at receiving all bursts of transmission at _______ power level.
If different transmissions arrive at different power level, it causes interference.
6) Discontinuous Reception in a GSM network is aimed at saving __________ power.
7) Discontinuous Reception is implemented with _______ in a GSM network.
A) Sideband channel
C) Paging channel Sub channels
8) What is the problem with Multipath traversal of radio signal between a Mobile and a BTS?
A) A copy the first signal arrives at the destination with a different phase
B) Arrived signal with two or more variants confuse receiver and cause noise.
C) Original signal may be lost or deteriorated
9) What is the solution to Multipath traversal of radio signal? Use a ______.
A) Low pass filter
C) Equalizer or Inverse filter
10) The functions of a MSC (Mobile Services Switching Center) are _______?
A) Call handling and paging
B) Inter BSS and Inter MSC handovers
C) Acting as a gateway to HLR
11) The functions of an MSC are ______?
A) Charging the call or billing
B) Signalling with outside systems
C) Logical radio link control
12) A HLR database contains ________ ?
A) IMSI and ISDN numbers
B) Location info for call routing
C) Information about Bearer services and Supplementary services
13) A VLR Database contains _____ data.
A) ISDN number and Subscriber identity
B) Location information to route calls
14) An Equipment Identity Register (EIR) contains _____ lists.
A) White list or Valid list
B) Grey or Monitored list
C) Black or Prohibited list
15) An Authentication Center (AUC) generates ________.
A) Authentication Keys (Ki)
B) Cipher Keys (Kc) for encryption and Decryption
16) For BSS Types 1, 4 and 5, Speech Transcoding unit presents ______ BSC.
17) In BSS Types 2, 6 and 7, Speech Transcoding unit is present ______ BSS.
B) Externally (Co-located with MSC)
18) In BSS Type 3, TRAU (Transcoder Unit) or Rate Adapter Unit is present in _____.
19) Transmission bitrate between BSC and MSC is ____ ?
A) 8 kbps
20) What is the transmission bitrate between BTS and BSC?
TRAU multiplexes 16kbps bursts up to 64kbps before sending to MSC.