1) What does LTE stands for?
A) Level Telecom Advanced
B) Long Terminal Advanced
2) Though LTE is treated as a 4G (Fourth Generation) network, it is actually a ___ generation technology as it does not meet expectations.
3) What is the Access technique used by an LTE or LTE-A network?
4) What does OFDMA stands for?
A) Original Frequency Division Multiple Access
B) Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access
C) Omitted Frequency Division Multiple Access
5) What is the carrier Bandwidth in a typical 3G WCDMA based network?
A) 1.4 Mhz
6) The Air interface or Radio interface of a 4G LTE network is ____ as a 3G network.
7) ITU stands for ___.
A) International Television Union
B) Internal Telecommunication Union
C) Inventions for Telecommunication Union
D) International Telecommunication Union
8) IMT-A (International Mobile Telecommunications Advanced) is _____.
A) LTE-A (LTE Advanced)
B) The system that implements specifications of ITU-R(ITU Radiocommunication)
9) What is the name of a Base Transceiver Station in 2G system equivalent in a 4G LTE system?
It is nothing but the tower side equipment that serves its users data and voice.
10) The Evolution-Data Optimized Voice (EVDV) based 4G networks are according to ___ standards. (3GPP / 3GPP2)
3GPP is an acronym for Third Generation Partnership Projects.
11) What is the other name for a 3GPP2 based 4G network?
A) Super Mobile Broadband (SMB)
B) Advanced Mobile Broadband (AMB)
C) Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB)
It is based on CDMA 1xEV-DO technology.
12) UMB 4G networks are superseded by ___ networks.
A) EV-DV networks
UMB networks were once deployed and abandoned in North America and a few other countries.
13) What does WIMAX stands for?
A) Wireless Maximum
B) Wireless Intermediate Microwave Access
C) Wireless Interoperability for Microwave Access
14) What are the advantages of a 4G LTE network over 3G network?
A) More Spectral Efficiency
C) Scalability and Flexibility with other networks
15) What does MIMO stand for?
A) Minimum Interference Maximum Output
B) Minimum Input Multiple Output
C) Multiple Input Multiple Output
16) What is the round trip latency between a Mobile phone and Base station in a 4G LTE network?
17) What does AAS represent in a UMB (Ultra Mobile Broadband) based 4G network?
A) Antenna Average System
B) Advanced Antenna System
C) Analog Amplitude System
18) What is the name given to a 4G LTE or UMB based Core Network Architecture?
A) SAE (System Architecture Evolution)
B) SAP (System Architecture Pro)
C) CAS (Core System Architecture)
19) What are the differences between FDM and OFDM?
A) FDM uses Guard bands. OFDM does not need Guard bands.
B) FDM transmits data in a big channel. OFDM transmits chunks of data through a group of small channels.
C) FDM is sensitive to Multipath effects and Noise. In OFDM, only very few Sub-channels are affected by Noise and Multipath diversity.
20) Initial 4G LTE standard supported Carrier Aggregation. State TRUE or FALSE.
Only LTE-A and LTE-A-PRO support Carrier-Aggregation.