1) What are the three main parts of a GSM Architecture or Structure?
A) Mobile Station
B) BSS - Base Station Subsystem
C) NSS - Network and Switching Subsystem
2) What are the main parts of a Mobile Station in a GSM Network?
A) MT - Mobile Terminal
B) SIM - Subscriber Identity Module
3) What are the main parts of a BSS (Base Station Subsystem) in a GSM network?
A) BTS - Base Transceiver Station
B) BSC - Base Station Controller
4) What are the main parts of a NSS (Network and Switching Subsystem) of a GSM Architecture?
A) MSC - Mobile Switching Center
5) What are the main parts of an MSC (Mobile Switching Center) system in a GSM structure?
A) MGW - Media Gateway
6) A GPRS Core network is part of System in a GSM Network Structure?
A) Mobile Station
7) A BTS is also called _____ by general public?
A) Mobile tower
8) Each Mobile Terminal is identified by a unique ______ number?
9) IMEI stands for?
A) Internal Mobile Equipment Identity
B) International Mobile Equipment Identity
C) Intra Mobile Enable Identity
10) Each SIM is identified by a unique _____ number?
11) IMSI stands for?
A) Internal Mobile Subscriber Identity
B) International Mobile Subscriber Identity
C) Investigating Mobile Subscriber Identity
12) Your mobile number is actually called ______ number.
MSISDN - Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number
13) IMSI number of a SIM is also called?
ICCID - Integrated Circuit Card Identifier
14) What controller a group of BTS or Cell Towers?
First, a group of BTS are attached to a BSC and then to MSC.
15) How many digits of PIN (Personal Identification Number) is allowed to protect a SIM card?
16) What is PUK code of a SIM?
A) PIN Unlock Key
C) It is like a password to enter after inserting SIM in a mobile for the first time. It prevents misuse.
17) The only element that personalises a Mobile Station is _______?
A) Back cover
18) What is the maximum number of Transceivers a BTS can handle is ?
19) What are the functions of a BSC?
A) Handovers, exchange functions
C) Control of radio frequency power level of BTS
20) What is the main function of NSS?
A) Establishing communication between mobile and landline numbers.
B) Providing eligible services to the subscriber
C) Providing parameters for Authentication and Encryption