1) Choose a Broadcast channel in GSM Architecture?
A) BCCH (Broadcast Control Channel)
B) FCCH (Frequency Correction Channel)
C) SCH (Synchronization Channel), CBCH (Cell Broadcast Channel)
2) What ia TRUE about BCCH channel in a GSM structure?
A) It is like a BEACON that guides a mobile to attach to a Cell
B) It contains Configuration parameters like LAC (Location Area Code), CID (Cell Identity) and Neighbor cell info
C) It is the first frequency to be sampled by a Mobile station. If parameters are ok, MT attaches to the Cell.
3) Which is the Broadcast channel that tells the MT (Mobile Station) which frequency to use in order to communicate with a BTS?
4) What is TRUE about a SCH channel of GSM Architecture?
A) It carries Time Synchronization data
B) It contains BSIC (Base Station Identity Code)
C) It contains TDMA Frame number
5) Which is TRUE about a CBCH channel of a GSM structure?
A) It carries Short Messages
B) It carries Service Messages
C) It carries both Short Message and Service Messages
6) Choose a Common Control Channel below.
A) PCH (paging Channel)
B) AGCH (Access Grant Channel)
C) RACH (Random Access Channel)
7) What is TRUE about a PCH (paging Channel) in a GSM Network?
A) Paging works in a Downlink (BTS to Mobile)
B) Paging alerts the MT (Mobile Terminal) about an incoming Call or SMS.
C) Paging is a One to One communication initiated by NSS (Network Subsystem)
8) What is the Uplink channel used by a Mobile to request for a Channel?
9) Which is the downlink channel allotted to a Mobile after requesting with a RACH channel?
10) Which is a Full Duplex (both Downlink and Uplink), Point to Point Dedicated Control Channel below?
A) SACCH (Slow Associated Control Channel)
B) FACCH (Fast Associated Control Channel)
C) SDCCH (Stand-alone Dedicated Control Channel)
11) Which is the Dedicated Control channel that is used to transmit Power Control data, Timing Advance (TA) data and other Radio link supervision signalling data?
12) State True or False. SACCH is used to transmit Urgent signalling data like Call setup.
13) What are the functions of a FACCH channel?
A) Call Setup
14) If FACCH signalling data is transmitted over TCH instead of Traffic data by setting a Stealing Flag, the process is called?
15) What are the functions of the dedicated control channel SDCCH?
A) Location updates, Equipment validation
B) Subscriber authentication, Ciphering initiation
C) SMS delivery, Assigning a TCH for call or data
16) What is the bitrate of SDCCH channel?
17) CCCH (Common Control Channel) channel contains all ________ channels.
A) PCH on downlink
18) The channel BCCH is always defined in which time slot?
A) Timeslot 0
19) If there are two TRX in a given Sector or Cell, BCCH is defined on the _______ TRX or frequency.
Only first frequency is chosen for BCCH.
20) One Burst Period is also called _____.
21) How many timeslots are present in a GSM TDMA frame whose time duration is 4.615ms?
8 x 0.577ms = 4.615ms
22) What are the TDMA Multi frames used for TCH/H and TCH/F ?
A) 26 TDMA frames
23) A super frame contains _______ TDMA frames with all possible combinations of channels.
A) 51 x 26 TDMA
24) A Hyper Frame contains ______ TDMA frames, which can be used for Frequency Hopping and Ciphering.
A) 1024 x 26 TDMA
25) What is the duration of a Super Frame?
26) What is the duration of a HYPERFRAME?
A) 3H 28M 2.2S
27) Choose a method of selecting a Cell (sector) by a Mobile Station in a Multicellular environment.
A) MS maintains a list of BCCH signal levels in descending order
B) A good BCCH is chosen and the mobile tunes to that frequency to communicate with the BTS.
C) After successful authentication, Mobile attachea to the cell and will be in IDLE mode without using TCH channel.
28) During a phone call, an SMS (Short Message Service) is sent on which GSM Channel?
29) When NO call is in progress (IDLE mode), what is the channel used to send an SMS?
30) What is the problem with sending a huge number of SMS?
A) SDCCH channels will be busy.
B) So call handling capacity will be reduced.
C) Free SDCCH will be less. So TCH allocation for new calls will be slow.
31) What is the length of a single SMS in GSM architecture?
32) Which is TRUE about maximum length of an SMS in a GSM network?
A) 160 7-bit characters
User can configure Support for Characters in SMS settings. Most of the phones display "Limited Character Set" or "Full Character Set" options or "Use Simple Characters" etc.
33) What is the maximum number of SMS that can be sent to a Mobile in one minute time?
34) What are the SMS categories?
A) Point to Point
35) All SMS are stored in which system in a GSM Architecture before forwarding to the recipient?
A) SC (SMS Center)
36) To deliver an SMS to a Mobile Station, HLR enquiry is done through which system in GSM network?
37) To deliver an SMS to a Mobile Station, VLR enquiry is done via which system in a GSM Network?
A) SC (SMS Center)
38) Choose a correct flow of SMS from one system to the other in a GSM network.
A) SC to SMS-GMSC
C) MSC to MS ( via BSC and BTS)