1) 1G or First Generation Mobile Network is _____?
1G is analog. 2G is digital.
2) In a 1G network, the type of communication between Tower ot BTS and Switching Center is ________?
3) Who launched the first commercial 1G network in the world?
A) NTT, Japan
NTT - Nippon Telegraph and Telephone started 1G services in the year 1979.
4) Which country is still using the 1G network in limited or demo use?
Russia is still using NMT technology 1G services.
5) Choose a 1G or First Generation Network from the options below.
A) NMT, AMPS
6) Choose correct abbreviations from the list below.
A) NMT - Nordic Mobile Telephone
B) AMPS - Advanced Mobile Phone System
C) TACS - Total Access Communication System
7) What are main problems in 1G technology?
8) What is the Cell Size or Coverage Area in 1G technology?
1G network covers a lot of area. With less number of towers or BTS, you can achieve robust coverage.
9) Modulation technique employed by NMT type 1G network is ______?
A) TDM (Time Domain Multiplexing)
B) QPSK (Quadrature Phase Shift Keying)
C) FFSK (Fast Frequency Shift Keying)
D) BPSK (Binary Phase Shift Keying)
10) Modulation technique employed by AMPS 1G network is ______?
A) TDMA - Time Division Multiple Access
11) The process of intercepting analog signals from the phone to tower/BTS, copying ESN number of talking phone to the programmable phone and making calls freely is called _______ problem in a 1G network.
It is similar to creating a duplicate SIM and making calls on behalf of the original bill paying customer.
12) DAMPS or Digital-AMPS network ia treated as a ___ network.
13) Choose a 1G network from the list below.
Mobitex is based on OSI Model providing security. So, it was used by Police, Military and Hospitals. HiCap is a higher capacity variant of NTT network.
14) The terminology "Cellular" was first used by ______ network.
15) Which mobile network type introduced international roaming on 1G network?
1G roaming facility was introduced among Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.