1) What is Literal in Java?
A) Literal is the value that is given or assigned to a variable.
B) Literal is a data type
C) Literal is similar to String
Examples: 123, 45.67f, 'C', "abc", false
2) What are the types of Literals available in Java language?
A) Integer and Float
Literals are Data assigned to Primitive data type variables.
3) What are the types of Integer Literals in Java?
A) Decimal Literals
B) Octal and Hexadecimal Literals
JDK 7 introduced binary literals to easily set individual bits of a number.
4) Choose correct examples of decimal literals in Java.
long a = 987____654_3__21L;
To represent big numbers, simply append letter 'l' or 'L' to the number to make it a long integer. This avoids compiler errors saying "out of range"
5) An Octal number is Java is represented with a leading ____?
A) O (Alphabet)
Eg. int a=0765;
6) Choose correct ranges for Decimal, Octal and Hexadecimal numbers in Java?
A) Decimal: 0 to 9
C) Hexadecimal: 0 to 9 and A to F / a to f
7) Choose the correct example of Octal Literal in Java?
int = 0______11; // 8^1 * 1 + 8^0 * 1 = 9
8) What is the prefix used to represent Hexadecimal numbers in Java?
9) Choose correct examples of Hexadecimal literals in Java?
long a = 0X987654321L;
byte b = 0X0__________F;
10) Binary literals in Java are introduced with which version of Java?
A) JDK 5
11) Underscore symbols in literal numbers are introduced with which version of Java?
A) JDK 5
12) What is the prefix used to represent Binary literals in Java?
A) b or B
ZERO B or ZERO b
byte a = 0b00001111; //15 in decimal
13) What is the correct representation of using Binary literals in Java?
int a = 0B0______________1;
int a = 0B0______________1; //decimal=1
int b = 0b1010; //decimal=10
14) What is the compiler error for improperly using Underscores ( _ ) in literals in Java?
A) Underscores are out of range
C) Underscores have to be located within digits
Underscore symbols cannot be used at the beginning and the end of digits of a number.
15) Choose a correct rule for using Underscores in literals of Java language.
A) Underscores cannot come at the end of a number or next to the last digit of a number.
B) Underscores cannot come at the beginning of a number or before the first digit of a number.
C) Underscores cannot come before or after a decimal point in real numbers like float and double.
Also, there is no limit on the number of underscores between digits.
16) What is the maximum number of Underscore characters that can be used in between the digits of a numeric literal in Java?
Theoretically, there is no limit on the number of underscores.
17) Java uses UTF-16 Unicode format to represent characters. What is UTF?
A) Universal Transcript Format
B) Universal Transformation Format
C) Universal Technology Format
Unicode contains 65535 characters.
18) What is the name given to character literals in Java that start with a Back Slash character?
A) Back Slash Sequence
\b = backspace
\n = new line
\\ = backslash
19) What is the literal in Java that can be used to test whether an Object of any type is alive or not?
20) What is the common UTF standard used on the Websites for information exchange?
A) UTF 16