1) What is the minimum data speed offered by 3G mobile technology for a Stationary user?
2) What is the minimum data speed offered by 3G mobile technology to a Slow Moving user?
A) 128 kbps
3) What is the minimum speed offered by 3G mobile technology to a Fast moving user?
A) 128 Kbps
4) WCDMA stands for?
A) Wide array CDMA
Wideband Code Division Multiple Access
5) What is the Multiple Access technique used in a 3G mobile network.
A) Time Division
6) SIM in a 3G network is called _____?
A) Micro SIM
USIM = User SIM
7) What are the parts of a 3G network architecture?
A) User Equipment (UE)
B) Radio Access Network (RAN)
D) All the above. UE, RAN and Core network.
8) What is the name of a BTS in a 3G mobile network?
9) What is the name of BSC equivalent part in a 3G mobile network?
B) Radio Switch Controller
C) Radio Network Controller
RNC = Radio Network Controller
10) What is the equivalent interface Um(Air interface) in a 3G network?
11) What is the interface between USIM and ME(Mobile Equipment)?
12) What is the interface between NodeB and RNC in a WCDMA network?
13) What is the interface between RNC and MGW (Media Gateway)?
14) What is the interface between RNC and SGSN?
15) What is the interface between MGW and EIR?
A) A interface
16) What is the interface between MGW and HLR?
A) A interface
17) A UMTS(Universal Mobile Telecommunication) network is a ___ network.
A) First Generation
UMTS is also a 3G network.
18) Who developed standards for a UMTS network?
A) ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
B) 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
C) ITU (International Telecommunication Union)
UMTS is part of ITU standards too.
19) What is the maximum data rate supported by a 3G network or UMTS network?
A) 384 kbps
20) CDMA2000 technology is also a ___ network.
21) Find differences between CDMA2000 and WCDMA technologies in a 3G network.
A) CDMA2000 - Follows 3GPP2 standards.
WCDMA - Follows 3GPP standards.
B) CDMA2000 offered less 3G speed. WCDMA offered more 3G speeds.
C) CDMA2000 uses only Code Division. WCDMA uses Code Division along with FDD(Frequency Division Duplexing)
22) What is the modulation technique used by WCDMA technology?
A) Amplitude Modulation
B) Separate Spectrum Modulation
C) Spread Spectrum Modulation
23) As part of Closed Loop Power Control followed by a WCDMA network, power control bits are sent every ___ milliseconds to the User Equipment (Phones).
A) 0.1 ms
24) State TRUE or FALSE. Closed-Loop Power Control is efficient than Open Loop Power Control.
As the Node-B sends power control bits every 0.66 ms to all Mobile Stations, power is adjusted immediately. It saves battery life.
25) If a 3G tower has 3 antennae, what is the total number of pilot frequencies under the tower?
Since it is code division multiplexing, one frequency is sufficient.
26) What is the name of the Receiver that can decode signals travelled in different paths (Multipath) to construct a good signal?
A) Multipath Receiver
27) What type handovers are possible when moving from one Cell to other Cell ?
A) Hard Handover
As all cells use the same frequency in a Cluster, there is no need for Hard Handovers.
28) Which is the technology used by WCDMA to transfer data packets in its RAN network (Air Interface + NodeB)?
C) ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode)
29) State TRUE or FALSE. ATM cells have a fixed size.
30) Choose the correct statement about ATM technology.
A) ATM technology offers Qos(Quality of Service)
B) ATM offers variable bit rates.
C) ATM is compatible with old and existing technologies.
31) State TRUE of FALSE. UMTS technology can be used in Satellite phones.
Yes. It is the S-UMTS technology that is used in satellite phones.
32) What the elements introduced commonly in R99, R00(R4 and R5) 3GPP releases?
A) BSS Elements like BSC, BTS
B) UTRAN elements like RNC, Node B
C) Packet Switching Core Network elements like SGSN, GGSN and BG(Border Gateway)
33) What are the network elements introduced in R99 3GPP release?
A) HLR, VLR
34) What are the network elements introduced in R00(R4 + R5) 3GPP releases?
A) MSC Server
35) What are the network elements introduced in R5-3GPP release?
A) HSS (Home Subscriber Server)
B) Internet Protocol Multimedia (IM) subsystem
36) The IFW (Interworking Function) works in between PLMN(Public Land Mobile Network) and _____?
A) ISDN (data)
37) Choose the correct Abbreviations below.
A) PSCN (Packet Switched Core Network)
B) CSCN (Circuit Switched Core Network)
C) UTRAN (Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network)
38) The R4 release of 3GPP network employs ____ architecture.
B) NGN (Next Generation Network)
C) SGN (Super Generation Network)
39) The R5-3GPP release employs ___ core network.
A) IP and Circuit Switched Data
C) All Circuit Switched Network
40) Choose the correct abbreviations about 3G technology terms below.
A) HSPA = High-Speed Packet Access
B) HSDPA = High-Speed Downlink Packet Access
C) HSUPA = High-Speed Uplink Packet Access
41) What are the other names of an HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) technology in a 3G network?
42) What are the data speeds offered by an HSDPA enabled 3G network?
A) 3.6 Mbps
43) What is the maximum unlink data rate achieved by an HSUPA (High-Speed Uplink Packet Access) enabled 3G network?
A) 2 Mbps
44) What is the network symbol displayed next to Signal in a 3G network?
45) Evolved High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA+) technology offers data rates up to ___.
A) 128 Mbps / 32 Mbps [Downlink / Uplink]
46) Which is the digital modulation technique used in a 3G/WCDMA network?
47) 3G networks with TD-SCDMA technology are deployed mainly in ___ country.
SCDMA (Synchronous CDMA) was invented by CATT(Chinese Academy of Telecommunications Technology) to avoid licensing fee to other countries and save money.
48) Which is the 3G technology suitable for Macro Cells (Big cells) and uniform traffic?
49) Which is the 3G technology suitable for densely populated city areas with Micro and Pico Cells?
50) Which is the 3G technology suited for Macro and Micro Cell areas?
51) What are the advantages of a TD-SCDMA enabled 3G network?
A) Variable number of downlink and uplink channels with flexibility for support uneven traffic
B) Any spectrum (Spread Spectrum) can be used.
C) Sudden traffics can be augmented easily.
52) Choose a frequency band to deploy a UMTS or 3G network.
A) 2100 Mhz = 1920-1980, 2210-2170
B) 1900 MHz = 1850-1910, 1930-1990
C) 1800 MHz = 1710-1785, 1805-1880
53) Choose a frequency band to deploy a UMTS or 3G network.
A) 1700 Mhz = 1710-1755, 2110-2155
B) 850 Mhz = 824-845, 869-894
C) 800 Mhz = 830-840, 875-885