1) What does EVDO stand for in a CDMA2000 1x network?
A) Evolved Variable Data Optimized
B) Evolution-Data Optimized
C) Enhanced Data Optimized
2) CDMA 1x Ev-DO is a successor to ____.
3) What is the Code name for CDMA2000 1xEV-DO?
4) What does EVDO traffic carry?
5) Who developed and improved the specifications for EVDO?
6) What does CDMA2000 1x provides?
7) What is the data-rate offered by plain CDMA2000 1x network?
A) High-speed data
B) Low-speed and Medium-speed data
8) Which technology among the following offers High-Speed Packet Data?
CDMA 1xEV is the same as CDMA 1xEVDO.
9) What are the Multiplexing and Access techniques used by an EVDO network?
10) What is the Channel bandwidth of an EV-DO carrier?
A) 1 MHz
11) An EV-DO carrier has the same bandwidth of ____.
A) IS-95A CDMA
C) IS-95A and IS-2000 1xRTT
12) A CDMA2000 1x network offers data services through ___ technology.
A) Circuit Switching
C) Both Circuit Switching and Packet Switching
13) A CDMA2000 1xEV-DO offers data services through ___ switching.
A) Circuit Switching
C) Circuit and Packet Switching
14) What are the popular specifications or releases of CDMA 1xEV-DO?
A) Release 0
B) Revision A, Revision B
15) What is the download speed of EV-DO Rev A - CDMA network?
A) 1 Mbps
16) What is the upload speed of EV-DO Rev A - CDMA network?
A) 0.5 Mbps
17) What is the download data rate of a CDMA 1XEV-DO Release 0 network?
A) 1.2 Mbps
18) What is the upload data rate of a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Release 0 network?
A) 128 Kbps
19) What are the other names given to Downlink and Uplink in a CDMA 1xEV-DO network?
A) Forward Link, Reverse Link
B) Reverse Link, Forward Link
C) First Link, Second Link
D) Second Link, First Link
20) What does EV-DO Revision C support?
21) What is the new name given to a EV-DO Revision C network?
22) EV-DV stands for ___.
A) Evolution-Data Variable
B) Evolution-Data Versatile
C) Evolution Data and Voice
D) Enhanced Data and Voice
23) What is the other name given to EV-DV in the year 2006?
A) LTE (Long Term Evolution)
B) UMB (Ultra Mobile Broadband)
24) The UMB (Ultra Mobile Broadband) used ____ technology similar to LTE networks.
A) Single Carrier
25) High Rate Packet Data Access (HRPDA) of a EV-DO Rev-A provided good data rates due to _____ techniques.
A) Spread Carrier
C) Both SC (Spread Carrier) and MM (Mobility Management)
26) What do AN and AT stand for?
A) AN = Access Network, AT = Access Terminal
B) AN = Asynchronous Node, AT = Asynchronous Terminal
C) AN = Access Node, AT = Access Terminal
Access Terminal is the Mobile Station and the Access Node is the Base Station Transceiver.
27) A Forward Channel works from ___ to ___.
A) AT to AN
28) A Reverse Channel works from ___ to ___.
A) AN to AT
29) What is the basic data rate (Minimum data rate) in an EV-DO network?
A) 32 Kbps
30) In a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO network, Forward channels always transmit at ____ power.
A) Half power
31) Forward channels in a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO transmit data at ___ rate.
A) Half rate
32) In an EVDO network, which selects a possible highest data rate between AT and AN?
A) AT (Mobile)
33) In an EVDO network, all users of the same Sector share ___ in a TDMA mode.
34) Selecting a data rate for a Forward Channel or Reverse Channel is based on the ___ Ratio.
C/I = Carrier/Interference. It is pronounced as C BAR I ratio.
35) What is the maximum data rate of a Forward Channel?
A) 1.2 Mbps
36) State TRUE or FALSE. CDMA2000 1x and CDMA2000 1xEV-DO have different channel structure.
37) What is the maximum data rate of an EV-DO Reverse Channel?
A) 512 Kbps
38) CDMA2000 1xEV-DO follows ___ power control for Reverse channels.
39) What is the advantage of Reverse Link Power Control (Dynamic power control) in an EVDO network?
A) It increases Signal to Noise Ration (SNR)
B) All Mobiles transmit controlled power towards the AN.
C) System capacity is increased
40) What are the techniques or mechanisms followed to avoid too many users transmitting at a high data rate towards the AN (Access Node or BTS) and crashing the system?
A) Unicast Reverse Rate Limit (URRL)
B) Broadcast Reverse Rate Limit (BRRL)
C) By Restricting the maximum rate of AT(Mobiles)s to a level below 307.2 Kbps.
41) How many different data rates which are multiples of 38.4 kbps are available in an EVDO network?
42) What are the possible data rates available in a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO network?
A) 38.4, 153.6 and 307.2 Kbps
B) 76.8, 614.4 and 921.5 Kbps
C) 1228.8, 1843.2 and 2457.6 Kbps
43) What is the Multiplexing technique followed by an 1xEV-DO network?
A) FDM (Frequency Division Multiplexing)
B) PDM (Phase Division Multiplexing)
C) TDM (Time Division Multiplexing)
44) EVDO implements Time Division Multiplexing for its ___ Links.
A) Forward Link
C) Both Forward and Reverse Links
45) In a 1xEV-DO network, Reverse Links are implemented with ___ multiplexing.
A) Time Division
C) Time Division and Code Division
Only the Forward links are implemented with both CDMA and TDM techniques.
46) The process of Scheduling forward link data to all users aiming to achieve maximum throughput is called?
B) Forward Link Scheduling
C) Forward Pooling Strategy
47) After measuring C/I (Carrier to Interference Ratio), AT (Mobile) informs to AN (BTS) about the acceptable highest data rate through ___ channel.
48) What is the name of Soft Handoff in which the Mobile Station (AT - Access Terminal) does not exchange any signalling with AT to move from one Sector to the other Sector for good data rate?
A) Very Soft Handoff
49) A Virtual Soft Handoff in a 1xEVDO system works in ___ way.
C) Both Forward and Reverse
50) The technology that allows an AT in a 1xEV-DO network to choose a data rate from 38.4 Kbps to 3.1 Mbps using a UATI request is called?
A) Dynamic Modulation Coding
B) Adaptive Modulation Coding
C) Bipolar Modulation Coding
51) What is the channel used to send UATI request by the AT to AN for rate adaption?
A) Access channel
52) State TRUE or FALSE. A CDMA2000 1x network has no Rate control.
53) State TRUE of FALSE. A CDMA2000 1x network follows Fast Power control in both Forward and Reverse links.
54) State TRUE or FALSE. A CDMA2000 1x network follows the same CDM technique in both Forward and Reverse links.
55) What are the channels used in a CDMA 1xEVDO network?
A) Access channels similar to CDMA2000 1x systems
B) Similar to Enhanced Access channels of CDMA2000 1x
Only the plain CDMA2000 1x network uses both the Access channels and Enhanced Access channels.
56) What are the handoffs implemented in a CDMA2000 1x network?
A) Soft Forward and Soft Reverse handoffs
B) Hard Forward and Hard Reverse Handoffs
57) Choose a correct statement about CDMA2000 1x network.
A) It uses Convolution Code
C) It uses 48 Order FIR filter.
58) Choose a correct statement about a 1xEV-DO network?
A) It uses 48 Order FIR Filter
59) What are the Handoffs implemented in a CDMA2000 1x-EV-DO network?
A) Forward Virtual Soft Handoff
60) Choose a correct statement about a 1xEVDO network.
A) Only Rate control is present in the forward link
B) Rate control is present in the Reverse link
C) Power control is present in the Reverse link
61) Who gave the TIA-856 name to the 1xEV-DO standard?
ITU (International Telecommuniation Union)
62) What is the length of each Time Slot or Channel in a CDMA2000 1xEV-DO network architecture?
A) 1.667 ms
63) Which channel tells the mobile (AT) about data being scheduled?
A) Control channel
B) Media Access Channel (MAC)
64) What is the range of a DRC (Digital Rate Control) channel?
65) What does the number sent by a mobile device (AT) to the AN (BTS) indicate?
A) Error rate
66) A DRC-0 or Null Rate indicates?
A) Mobile (AT) can not take any data.
B) AT is handing off to another sector
67) The Forward Link Scheduling algorithm is also called ___ as it guarantees minimum service to all users.
A) Hybrid Algorithm
C) Proportional Fair algorithm
68) If a DRC number is more then the channel quality to receive high data rate is ___.
69) What is the type of ARQ (Automatic Repeat Request) followed by a CDMA2000 1xEVDO network?
A) Hybrid ARQ
C) Incremental Redundancy Hybrid ARQ
70) Choose a correct statement about Multi-packet transmissions using Hybrid ARQ technique in an EVDO network?
A) The data can be sent in any parts using multiple time slots at the same time or different time
B) Sending an early acknowledgement even before receiving all packets simply cancels sending the remaining packets by the AN (Access Node or BTS)
C) If there is no Acknowledgement about packets by the mobile (AT), all packets are sent and resent again and again withing permissible times.
71) What is the Closed Loop power control frequency to adjust power levels in the AT or AN in the Reverse Link of an EVDO network?
A) 512 ms